Monday 27 January 2014

Task 5 Brainstorming and Initial Concept

After speaking with my group and discussing our ideas together i have decided that i would like to explore in more depth still life and in particular models from recycled materials and  putting them into nature to 'camouflage' them into a natural environment. I will explore different artist who have produce similar works of art for inspiration for my sculpture. I would like to use plastic, card, paper with a wire frame i could also use wood or rubber for my sculpture. As i progress with my research i will find out which material would be suitable to use and how this will change my message within the image.

 Mark from my group who like to focus on wasted views and he wants to photograph the sunrise and explain that people always miss the best part of the day and that it is wasted. as a group we tried to give mark inspiration for his work. Katie would like to explore wasted spaces such as alley ways or the land which i found a very good idea because i think the photos will come out very well. Madison would like to focus on wasted materials such as tyres and focusing on Edward Burtynsky would be very helpful to him. and i think Beth would like to focus of sculptures also or the waste that schools produce. 

At this stage i am trying to research as much as possible and looking at magazines and books instead of the internet will give my variety and i will find images and texts that i would never find on the internet and by doing this i will educate myself on previous series that other artists have produce on the subject of waste. Using my mind map to explore each avenue will also my key to making sure i really want to explore the 'old to new' theme and building a sculpture to represent my theme and idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment